Finding it difficult to take my body temperature tests twice a day, for the14 days I’m in quarantine, with the digital thermometer supplied by the ASQ Legacy Hotel in Bangkok. I thought I would work out some instructions. None were supplied and I have led such a sheltered life. I have never needed to take my body temperature in the past 74 years 🙂 So with a glass of warm water & Google, I started playing.
- Press the button once the display should show a temperature & battery level.
- Press the button again the display should now go blank.
- Insert the thermometer under the tongue at the back of the mouth.
- Press the button for 60 seconds (actually, 7 seconds is enough in my tests with warm water).
- Release the button and remove it from the mouth.
- You should now have a temperature, Hopefully not above 37.5 degrees! The maximum tolerated by the Thai government.
Interestingly whilst in the UK to get the twin jabs I never once had my temperature taken whereas before I went here in Thailand every shop measures your temperature!
Geoff – the trick is to chose the correct body cavity.
Thanks Pete – I prefer not going in that way 🙂 Hope you are all surviving OK. In Thailand I’m now friendly with a group of United Air retired Pursers 🙂