Amazing to find this on an official McDonalds blog:-
- Accelerating beef production was raising the levels of greenhouse-gas CO2 considerably, through burning of forest and pastureland, for example.
- Ever-increasing transport needs were also generating more CO2.
- The ever-more-numerous cows were generating many millions more tons of methane, a greenhouse gas dozens of times more powerful than CO2.
- The production of animal feed in the Amazon was deforesting one of the primary sources of CO2 absorption.
- These activities were cueing the simulation of other industries too, leading to more gas production there as well.”
Maybe the USA is waking up at last. The above was part of a speech by Andrew Shimery-Wolf, Director, McDonald’s Interactive and relates to a simulation game McDonalds were playing.
So maybe David Morris and Helen Steel will get a huge payout from McDonalds for forewarning them about all of this in the McLibel case.