Wrestling with a Leopard
This so called upgrade to the iMac operating is causing me real problems:-
- The brand new Lexmark X4580 printer failed to work with the 10.5 OS. Fortunately the user forums suggested removing the printers PDE directory.
- I then discovered that Leopard doesn’t work with Firefox or at least not the drop down menus on the sites that you visit. No cure as yet 🙁
- Tonight I discovered that Safari and WordPress connive to remove the paragraph formatting when trying to make posts from within WordPress. Now using Opera 🙂
- The Airport utility is useless . When I try to change wireless networks it fails to see any of the other neyworks in my house.
- I’ve yet to get it to connect to my Freecom network hard drive.
- Time Machine trashed my external hard drive when it failed to notice that the drive was full.
- The provided mouse scroll button has packed up after 8 weeks.
On the bright side:-
- Yummy ftp client is brilliant.
- MacSimpleGPS pulls in the data from my Garmin etrex legend easily.
- The DVDto MP4 converter worked well.
- The 24″ screen and audio are brilliant.
- iMovie works well with Youtube.
- Grab works well.
Or as Philip Dowsett says in The Guardian . “So what should you do if a leopard gets into your house? “Don’t run. They will chase you down like prey. Try to give them an escape route, make loud noises and wave your hands around. I wouldn’t recommend going for the scruff of its neck”
Addendum: Dave Winer is not happy as well