Excellent set of internet rules developed by Fred Wilson over at AVC.
1) Keep your family out of it until they want to be in it
2) Be nice.
3) Demand that others are nice back.
4) Encourage the community to police the comments. Early on Jackson was my “bouncer” and now Kid Mercury has assumed that role.
5) Take the nasty comments lightly and use humor to defuse them.
6) Do not delete comments unless they are hateful to others, porn, or spam.
7) Ignore the trolls even though it kills you
8) Be careful with photos. They greatest lesson I got was when I posted a
photo of me on vacation looking smug. Bad move that I learned a lot
9) Give more than you take.
10) Enjoy yourself. Talking, discussing, and debating is fun. Keep it that way.
Powered by ScribeFire.