- just finished my presentation aru went down very well. And I get paid 🙂 #
- After my talk at ARU I’ve created a website for Lingling and my favorite lunch time spot http://legrosfranck.com here in Cambridge. #
- Come on folks get your skis and boards out – snow in Les Gets http://www.lesgets.com/fr/webcams/index.html 12 Euro all weekend!!!! #
- Excellentes conditions et ski de qualité en perspective, dès ce week-end ! Tarif unique à la journée Adulte : 12 euros 🙂 #
- Lunch at francks: http://tinyurl.com/2z38h9 #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Snow has come early to Les Gets this year, the lifts are open this weekend as a treat. Good view of my apartment as well.
For the Embedding Innovation series at Anglia Ruskin University I gave a two hour presentation on social media focusing on how blogging can help small enterprises and introducing them to such concepts as Twitter and Facebook . I made a simple slide show which is now on Slideshare .
I had previously looked at the participants websites using Poodle Predictor so the presentation came alive when their websites popped up on the screen (Thanks Euan for the Scrapbook recommendation). I showed a direct comparison between what the Google crawler sees and what is served up to the end user for a couple of their websites (see the slides above).
After the event I created a WordPress site for my favourite Cambridge Cafe, one of the delegates, Lingling from Le Gros Franck, which I would love to turn into a real social media experience, so that the daily specials can be twittered etc.
Many thanks to Robert Jones of ARU & Philip for getting me the gig. Interestingly this is the first time I have been paid an hourly rate for about 25 years! So a bit of an innovation for me.